Thursday, September 24, 2009

Literary Analysis (Walk Two Moons Ch. 1-18)

Sal is rushing to Lewiston, Idaho to see her mother. She feels like she needs to get there on the day of the day of her mother's birthday. Sal feels like if she is there on her mother's birthday, she has a bigger chance of persuading her mother to come back. I agree with Sal's point of view: if there is any way to make her come back, asking her on her birthday would be the best choice. I probably would never survive without my mother, or my father. Her grandparents want to take her to Lewiston to see her Sal's mother, who was in Lewiston. I bet the grandparents were very anxious to go see their daughter again! Sal's dad was probably a tiny bit grateful for Sal to leave so he could be with Mrs. Cadaver. Sal didn't approve of Mrs. Cadaver very much, but I wouldn't either if I were her. It is very weird for a person to be named a word meaning "dead body". Sal's dad thought that her grandparents would behave much better if Sal went along. But, I bet Sal probably felt a little awkward being in a car with just her and her grandparents. I know I would.

The Winterbottom family is nothing like the Finney family. The Winterbottom is very civilized; I bet I wouldn't survive a minute in the Winterbottom family! Each Winterbottom keeps to themselves and always defends their family. The Finney family is very "social" and isn't as orderly as the Winterbottoms. Although I do always support my family, I am not used to being as civilized as the Winterbottoms. I like the freedom and fun-filled air at the Finney's place. Phoebe acts happy and proud of her family on the outside, but I think she envies the Finney family on the inside. Like Sal, I would much rather prefer living in the Finney family.

No comments:

Post a Comment